My Home Office & Workstation
This year I got a new job at a place called GoReact that allows me to work remote if I wish. I currently am enjoying working remote 3 times a week, and going in to the office on the other 2 days. As such, I needed a comfortable, ergonomic, productive workspace for myself at home. I have the fortune of living in an apartment that has an extra bedroom we don't use, so I use that as my home office. It's taken me close to a year to acquire all the pieces I wanted in a dream office, but I finally have a space put together that helps me feel inspired and productive while working. So, without further ado, here it is:
Here's another view of it from straight on.
I'm very proud of this workspace. Sure, it could use some help in the cable management department, among other places, but I love it. A lot of this I owned before setting up this home office, and some of it I bought when getting my space set up.
Here is a list of the things you'll see that make up my workspace:
- Autonomous SmartDesk Business Edition with Cable Tray (to help with cord management)
- Autonomous ErgoChair 2
- Anti-Fatigue Mat
- 15" MacBook Pro (work issued)
- Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" monitor
- Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Webcam
- CODE Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches
- Apple Magic Mouse 2
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker
- Anker Wireless Charger
- Pictostone Notebook - Stone Paper Notebook
- ORICO USB 3.0 Hub
- Brainwavz Hengja - Desk Headphone Hanger Mount
- Various dongles because USB-C 😅
Miscellaneous non-work related items:
- Dwight Schrute Bobblehead
- Dundie Award
- Korbanth Graflex 2.5 Lightsaber (empty hilt kit, self-assembled)
- DJI Ronin S
- Breath of the Wild Divine Beasts desk light from VividDelights
Well, that's it. That's my workspace. It's got two windows so I get plenty of natural light. (they were closed so the photos wouldn't be backlit like crazy) It has a door I can close and lock so I don't need to worry about my sweet 5 year old walking in while I'm in an important meeting. It works perfectly for me.
I'm quite satisfied with the current state of my office. I am, however, saving up for a custom build gaming PC. My MacBook Pro is work-issued, can't play most of my video games, and definitely can't do VR. (I have an Oculus Rift S) So it may be close to a year before I can get that, but that's next on my list of what to add once I've saved up a bit more.
Let me know what you think! I'd also love to see some other workstations from the rest of y'all!